Candidates will do research about the most unique and interesting aspects of their home towns. What things inspire you, colours, scenes or decoration? For example: noise, colours, traditional history… all of these are ideas to describe about Hanoi and also other big cities. So how do you describe Hanoi? How do you want people to feel about your Hanoi? What do you tell people about Hanoi? What are special things about Hanoi?
Design a visual art/ logo to identify your hometown using these unique values that you have found. Please make sure that your designs help people to easily recognize your home town through relevant media (real or imagined). For example: the images of signals at the city airport, bus stations, taxi rank, museums, television programmes, sanitation services, uniforms or travel agencies…
Must be presented in A3 paper with hand-drawings
In your notes at the end of the submission, you should explain clearly why you choose these images for identifying your home town (give the reason of choosing a colour, images or anything…)
A typical artwork of “Vietnam – Where I live” competition 2017
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THIS COMPETITION?
Anyone from 15-28 can participate.
- The submissions must be original and designed by the candidate
- The sketch must be presented in A3 paper (420 x 297) with hand-drawings or any other skills that express creativity.
- The sketch must be in colours, only one design per paper
- Number of submitted designs: maxium 03 designs each candidate. All designs have its own opportunity to win the prize.
- In your notes at the end of the submission, you should explain clearly why you choose these images for identifying your home town (give the reason of choosing a colour, images or anything…)
- Every page must be numbered in the left top corner. Every page must have the following information at the back of the page at the right bottom corner: Full name, Address, Age, Email, contact number, Short description about the design (maximum 100 words)
- Participants: Anyone from 15-28 can participate
- Scale of the competition: The competition is for everyone in the country
- The sketch must be sent to address below no later than 30th December 2018:
- London College for Design & Fashion (Hanoi), 98 To Ngoc Van street, Quang An, Tay Ho, Ha Noi.
- Note: Please write the name of the competition “Vietnam – where I live” on the envelope before sending.
WHAT WE OFFER?
- The most impressive designs of the week will be published in Vietnamese Student Magazine twice per month.
- Candidates who live far away from the exhibition sites will be partly sponsored travelling and living expenses to take part in the exhibition.
- The designs will not be returned to the candidates
- The copyright of the designs will belong to the Organizing Committee.
- Prizes will be given to winners. If candidates reject their prizes or break the rules, the prizes will be withdrawn and decision of the Organizing Committee will be final.