PORTFOLIO PREPARATION: DESIGN
If you are passionate about design and wish to study overseas in order to achieve your future career dream of becoming an international Creative Director, then this programme is suitable for you!
About the course
Our Portfolio Preparation Programme offers an effective preparation route for students wishing to establish a design portfolio suitable for entry application onto a range of international university design courses.
- - This programme is specifically designed to support students thinking of applying to a degree course in a “Design” subject, such as Fashion, Graphic Design, Interior Design and Illustration.
- - Students will undertake practical research projects, utilising the sketchbook, exploring a range of design techniques to contextualising design ideas. Creating a portfolio of work ready for an online ‘mini-portfolio’ application, as well as physical portfolio of work, ready to take to an interview.
- - All students that successfully complete their studies will also be guaranteed a place on one of our own undergraduate programmes here at LCDF Hanoi
Aims of the course
- - If you are currently undecided upon a specific design subject specialism to study at degree level then our foundation level course, with its taster opportunities, will allow you to explore and discover the options.
- - Alternatively, should you feel confident and able to select directly onto one of our five curriculum areas of Illustration, Fashion & Textiles, Graphic Communication, Three Dimensional Design & Architecture or Photography then you are welcome to make a direct entry application.
You will learn various aspects in relation to the course, exploring a combination of context references and practical exercises and demonstrations, which include:
- - Design process – you will tackle a design challenge and explore the possibilities in response to a design problem.
- - Lecture on portfolio submission guidelines and examples of work.
- - Life drawing
- - Redesign an everyday object, product or image.
- - Explore ideas beyond sketchbook through models, collage and drawing.
- - Complete a piece of work that has been developed from your research and exploration of design ideas to consider appropriate materials, construction, function and finish.
- - Branding and presentation of your work in relation to interviews, including your inspirations, contextual influences and aims for your work and the future.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- - Create a sensational portfolio
- - Decide which subject to study
- - Choose the right college for you
- - Exhibit your work at the end of the course
This course will be based and delivered in specialist art and design studios or workshops and will typically include a range of practical exercises, introductions to techniques, processes and concepts. This is supported by practical demonstrations, group discussions, contextual references and one-to-one support.
Ideas Generation, Drawing from Observation, Media Experimentation, Contextual Influences, 2D Visual Communication, 3D Design Media, Final Project Realisation.
MS. Loreto Streeter
Mr. Richard Child
Ms. Julie Vola
Mr. Stephen Larcombe
- Passes at GCSE or A Levels or Grade 12 or equivalent qualifications
- English language certificate of IELTS 4.5 or equivalent. English courses are available before and during the course for those students who need to improve their English in order to continue studying with us.
How to apply
You can apply the course online via website www.designstudies.vn or obtain application form from our college
VND 54,000,000 per semester, 2 semesters per year
VND 90,000,000 per year
9,800,000/ module x 7 module
Intensive Foundation: 54,000,000VND
10% reduction in fees for students starting in March 2018 whose full fees are received on or before 31st January 2018APPLY
T: 024 37199706
A: London College for Design & Fashion, 98 To Ngoc Van, Quang An ward, Tay Ho district, Hanoi.