Do you know where famous designers get their inspirations and ideas? Art, history, architecture or unique regional cultures can all provide endless inspirations for designers. If you love creativity and would like to develop your design career, take part in the “Vietnam – where I live” competition right now!
The 2017 “Vietnam - Where I live” design contest has been officially lauched and we have already received some designs from Vietnames students and foreigners. Send us your designs in order to discover and develop your creative ability.
You will do research about the most unique and interesting aspects of their home towns. What things inspire you, colours, scenes or decoration? For example: noise, colours, history, etc. All of these are ideas to describe about Hanoi and also other big cities. So how do you describe Hanoi? How do you want people to feel about your Hanoi? What do you tell people about Hanoi? What are special things about Hanoi?
Design a visual art/ logo to identify your hometown using these unique values that you have found. Please make sure that your designs help people to easily recognize your home town through relevant media (real or imagined). For example: the images of signals at the city airport, bus stations, taxi rank, museums, television programmes, sanitation services, uniforms or travel agencies …
The competition is for everyone from 15-28 in Vietnam and worldwide.
- The submissions must be original and designed by the candidate
- The sketch must be drawn in A3 paper (420 x297)
- Number of submitted designs: maxium 03 designs each candidate. All designs have its own opportunity to win the prize.
- The sketch must be in colours, only one design per paper
- Every page must be numbered in the left top corner. Every page must have the following information at the back of the page at the right bottom corner:
- Full name
- Email, contact number
- The candidate’s picture 4cm x 6cm
- Short description about the design (maximum 100 words)
These sketches must be sent to one of the following addresses no later than 18th March 2017:
- Vietnamese Student Magazine office at D29, Cau Giay, Tran Thai Tong street, Ha Noi via post office.
- London College for Design & Fashion (Hanoi), 98 To Ngoc Van street, Quang An, Tay Ho, Ha Noi.
Note: Please make sure to write the competition name “Vietnam – where I live” on the outside of the envelope before sending.
First prize – one scholarship of 100% tuition fee at the London College for Design and Fashion and 5 million Vietnam dongs in cash
Second prize – one scholarship of 50% tuition fee at the London College for Design and Fashion and 3 million Vietnam dongs in cash
Third prize – 2 million Vietnam dongs in cash
Best idea prize – 2 million Vietnam dongs in cash.
Rights of candidates:
- The most impressive designs of the week will be published in Vietnamese Student Magazine twice per month.
- Candidates who live far away from the exhibition sites will be partly sponsored travelling and living expenses to take part in the exhibition.
- The designs will not be returned to the candidates
- The copyright of the designs will belong to the Organizing Committee. We can use the design with the aim of advertisement.
- Prizes will be given to winners. If candidates reject their prizes or break the rules, the prizes will be withdrawn and decision of the Organizing Committee will be final.
For further information: